Thursday 17 January 2013

Exercise: Spaces

Four shots:

1) An oppressive cluttered space:
I chose this scene because it is overly full of drawers and things hanging down. I took the picture from below to give the sense of being overshadowed by clutter.
I'm wondering if it is too cluttered! Quite hard for the viewed to get a sense of where they are. Though maybe that's part of the point.

 2) An open honest simple space with one intriguing item.
I chose the 'old fashioned' wooden table and chair by a window to suggest a sort of time-honoured simplicity and honesty. Outside it is daylight. There are white walls. There is no complications, secrets or difficult patterns.
The hand addressed envelope on the table suggests news of some sort.

 3) A stark empty hostile place:
The grey stonework where only a tiny weed survives gives the impression of an unlived, unloved space.
4) A warm, friendly, cosy space
I chose a little cosy nook by the fire for this. The fire is on, the warm yellow walls feel warm. The blankets and a book suggest cosiness. The only thing I'm not sure about is the foil behind the fire, which detracts from the cosiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment